Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Read only files in my pictures folder

Hello every one,

Im new to the blackberry community as well as the blackberry device its self. I love it. I do however have a problem. I take pictures all the time, a few days ago I was removing some pictures using blackberry desktop 5.0. When I was done it left me with some read only files inside the my pictures folder that I cannot erase, I try hitting the command key and selecting the delete option and it says "The selected file is read only. Are you sure you wish to delete the file?" I select yes, and it doesn't delete it. Any help removing them would be most appreciated.

thank you in advance, 

Matt

Blackberry Storm 9530
v4.7.0.148 (platform 4.0.0.181)

My Device: Not Specified

Read only files in my pictures folder

I am having the same problem.  I deleted all of my photos through my computer, but they still show up in my picture folder on the phone as a read only file, and the same message comes up as above when I try to delete them.  If anyone knows how I can clear these read only picture files off my phone please let me know!

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: What?

Re: Read only files in my pictures folder

All you have to do is take out your battery, leave for about 5 seconds and then put it back in, Smiley Wink

My Device: BlackBerry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Cricket

Thanks!  Simple yet effective.  Appreciate the help.

My Device: Bold 9000

Mine it doesn't work. This actualy pictures from previous BB that I back up all file and put in my new BB.

Smiley Sad