Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎08-03-2013
My Device: style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

Really like my phone

I really like the style 9670. Is there any plans to update, and make the phone even better? The flip phone is a winner. Just need to keep updating. 

Posts: 94,479
Likes: 24,392
Solutions: 6,349
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Really like my phone


buzzard1967 wrote:

I really like the style 9670. Is there any plans to update, and make the phone even better? The flip phone is a winner. Just need to keep updating. 


buzzard, I've not read of any plans to further produce additional Style models, and the one 9670 for Sprint was the only flip BlackBerry model ever produced.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎08-03-2013
My Device: style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Really like my phone

too bad. I was meeting some of my old friends. There was five of us. We are all over 60. We all have money. We all have flip phones. I was the only one with the BB. They were all impressed. Have you seen "The Killing". The stars all used flip phones. Probably a propt, but they were using a flip phone. I asked my friends why they chose the flip phone. Answer, it's out of sight, and in their pockets, and gets the job done. BB really needs to retink this one, and put some more stuff, and increased power, and storage in it. I use mine as a bluetooth when jamming on my extreme on-beat, or playing music via my work computer, camera, texting, facebook, twiter, but it is slow. Really need to startrek it a little, and speed it up. 

New Contributor
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-07-2014
My Device: 9310 Curve
My Carrier: sprint-boostmobile

Re: Really like my phone

Yes I agree , all my friends ( In our 60s) ask me were can I get a flip smart phone like that BB should think this over.

Charlied575

New Member
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎03-04-2014
My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Esia

Re: Really like my phone

Agree with the Folks here.

 

I am in a BlackBerry Country : Indonesia

 

Where LOTs of people like to Text using BBM, Update Status, and such.

 

- Reliability wise, KeyPad lasts much longer than Screen

- 9670 has the largest individual button ( This is very Important ) compared to other keypad based BlackBerry SmartPhone.

- Still the best for Fast : Copy, Selected Copy, Paste

 

It only needs :

- Slightly larger size : 5 mm width and 5 mm length to accomodate larger Battery Size ( 2000 mAH ) ?

- Able to handle 10 BBM Groups

- Dual Core with 1 GB or 2GB of RAM would make it very smooth

 

Isn't this device released around 5 years ago ? Really need updates

 

 

Posts: 94,479
Likes: 24,392
Solutions: 6,349
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Really like my phone


handoyog wrote:

 

Isn't this device released around 5 years ago ? Really need updates


A bit less than four years ago. That's a lifetime ago in the smartphone world and the big reason you're not seeing any updates for it.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎08-01-2014
My Device: blackberry 9780
My Carrier: blackberry

Re: Really like my phone

i also like my BB phone and i use it everyday without it there is no entertainment

Super Contributor
Posts: 258
Registered: ‎06-01-2011
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Re: Really like my phone


JSanders wrote:

buzzard, I've not read of any plans to further produce additional Style models, and the one 9670 for Sprint was the only flip BlackBerry model ever produced.


I think the BlackBerry Pearl 8200 was also a flip.

 

Shane.

Posts: 94,479
Likes: 24,392
Solutions: 6,349
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Really like my phone


SGoodman wrote
I think the BlackBerry Pearl 8200 was also a flip.

That is correct, thank you!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code