Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Reboot clock icon popping up and battery drain

My BOLD 9650 appears to be trying to reboot constantly. I will see the running clock icon (same as when rebooting) pop up randomly and the batter drains very quickly. What could be causing this and what can I do to prevent it. I am on OS6.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Reboot clock icon popping up and battery drain

Please perform hard reset by pulling your battery while your BlackBerry is ON and reinsert again. Something running in background on your BlackBerry that causing to hang. Close running applications.

Thanks.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

New Contributor

Thanks for the response, but the problem still exists. I performed the reset as you described. Everything looked good for about 1 hour, then teh drain started and the clock popped up again.

I tried the reset again, and this time turned off the mobile network as well. With the network off, the battery stayed charged overnight, and the apps ran fine . Today I restarted the mobile network connection and the drain started immediately and again the clock reappeared.

What am I missing?

Forums Advisor III

Do you have may apps installed?

Perform back up and perform Security Wipe. Don't restore your installed applications. See these articles.

See if still exists. Else, let us know.

Thanks.

Good luck!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

New Contributor

I don't have many apps installed other that those which came on the Blackberry when it was purchased. I am OK with losing them.

Will I lose any of my contacts, ring tones, etc. when I perform this security wipe?

Forums Advisor III

Will I lose any of my contacts, ring tones, etc. when I perform this security wipe?

Yes. Do a backup first.

Thanks.

New Contributor

Finally attempted the security sweep. It cleared up my issue. I restored the key items I needed but did not restore the apps which i had installed. Working just fine.

Thanks