Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Nashua Mobile

Rebooting problem after BBM upgrade

Robot FrustratedI have done an upgrade to the newest version of BBM after the notice I've received from Blackberry about the version which is now available. I have started the upgrade about  4 hours ago. As ussual it requested that the device must be restarted and as ussual after an upgrade I click on yes. Since then my Blackberry is struggling to reboot. The rebboting bar moves to a point and then it starts all over again.

I have pulled the battery already about 4 times during this period with no success. With one of the times I have even removed my sim and the memory card, again not successful.

I have a Blackberry Torch 9800. I am not sure which OS version is on it.

What can the problem be and how can it be solved?

Please I need urgent help on this because my phone is also my alarm clock. without that I will be late for work. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Rebooting problem after BBM upgrade

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, you should be able to then remove and reinstall BBM.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I have the same problem but I can't get it into Safe Mode.  I have tried both methods but neither is working.  Any other suggestions?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Glenysm wrote:

I have the same problem but I can't get it into Safe Mode.  I have tried both methods but neither is working.  Any other suggestions?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you can't get your BB to boot up, then you can do nothing with it. Safe Mode can work, but as I said, can take many attempts to get the sequence just right. Trying twice is not enough...you may have to try variations on what the KB documents in order to find the Safe Mode that works for you.

If you truly cannot get it into Safe Mode and it cannot boot at all normally, then your only remedies will be drastic...hopefully you already have a good backup of your BB as all of those remedies will wipe out your BB completely and not allow an opportunity to now take one.

Good luck and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I have tried many times, not just twice.  My hands are cramping from holding down the Esc key, trying to get the timing right or slightly different this time.

I do regular back-ups so I won't lose any data but not being able to get into Safe mode is too annoying.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

Ah...OK...you'd said "both methods", but I did not correlate that to multiple variations of attempts...sorry about that...

Well, then you are left with only drastic measures...here are some references:

Good luck!