Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Receiving calls during browser use

Sometimes when I am using the browser and I receive a call it comes right through other times nothing, it will go straight to voice mail and sometimes I get the notification of a new voice mail while I am still on the internet but most times it doesn't show up until after I close the browser. Text messages usually come through. Is there anything I can do to increase the likelyhood of the calls interrupting the browser? Also when this happens there is no indication in my call logs, no missed calls or nothing. Thanks for any help.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Receiving calls during browser use

Lorrie, while that happens and is uncommon, there is not a way around it or to increase the liklihood of a call interrupting. As it is, when the call comes just at the right time data is transmitting, it will go to voicemail and you won't get the missed call notification.

Over several years, I have not found a way around it.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code