Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Receiving email is delayed

I have a 8310 and it takes forever to receive an email at least 20 min from the time someone sends till I receive the email even though it's received on the other end quickly. is there a way to shorten the time it sends/receives email?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Receiving email is delayed

Hi and welcome to the forums!

The Blackberry is always in send receive mode, there are no settings.

Please tell me your carrier, and if this is a corporate phone or personal phone.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

If your service/email set up is running on a company Blackberry Enterprise Server, this delay is not normal. Contact your BES ADMIN asap to have it reported and investigated.

If your service/email set up is running on a Blackberry Internet Service direct from your carrier, there is a 15-20 minute delay between polling from ur mail server to push the emails out.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Is all you email delayed or is it one particular account? I know hotmail has been VERY sluggish lately. I have some times been 6 hours behind of receiving emails others say theirs took 12 hours! Unfortunately I can't offer you an explanation as to why that is. Sorry.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

My hotmail very slow too Smiley Sad

But yahoo super fast?? weird.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

I have an email account set up through my home internet/cable service it's my business but not on a server I do use the desktop and have outlook expressRobot Very Happy
New Contributor

ya wierd isn't it I noticed that too!
Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

If I send an email from my hotmail address to my BB address it's instant. But when I send from my BB to my hotmail it usually arrives in the middle of the night. So I have to have my email notification set to silent just so I don't get woken up all hours of the night.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

The way the Blackberry Internet Service works is within a 15 minute window.  It will poll your email account one time every 15 minutes.  If there is new mail, it will check again in three minute increments until there is no new mail then return to the 15 minute window.  Both Yahoo and Gmail have agreements with RIM and actually notify the Blackberry Internet Service when new mail arrives.  That is why those types of accounts seem instant.  When sending from the Blackberry, it is always immediate delivery.  I hope this helps!