Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch2- 9810
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Reconnecting to JVM problems on 9810

hello guys, i'm new to the forum but will really appreciate an insight in resolving the issue in subject. I've been trying to reload OS 7 on my 9810 (since the device went blank and was having trouble booting back as it will freeze at a point) but keep getting stuck when it gets to "Reconnecting to JVM" shortly after which an error pops out stating "Application loader was unable to connect with your device. Please reconnect your device, enter the password if required and click retry." The device currently no longer comes up and I have tried this severally(more than 10 times now). The device is about 2 months old.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Reconnecting to JVM problems on 9810

Plug your phone back in to your PC.  While it's attempting to connect, have a look at this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch2- 9810
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

thank you for your response. these procedures I have tried however, as the installation is ongoing, it is unable to complete and always stops at "Reconnecting to JVM", then the error that the app loader failed to connect and all that is displayed on the device is the hour-glass appearing intermittently then the red light indicator that shows for about 5 seconds and disappears again. I just tried it again. any other suggestions please?
Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

download and install the software for your phone from
http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html
Download and install bbsak.  Here is the link and guide:
http://bbsak.org/faq.php