Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Recover Contacts and PIN in Blackberry

Hi guys, 

my phone was broken, so i need to recovery my contact data and pins. There is a way to do that ??

Thanks.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Recover Contacts and PIN in Blackberry

Hello,

From that limited information, it's a little difficult...so here is a bunch of things...hopefully something is close to what you need.

For your BBM contacts, if you were on BBM7, they are stored "in the cloud" with your BBID...simply sign into a different BB using the same BBID and your BBM contacts will be shown on that BB.

If you were on pre-BBM7, then your BBM contacts were stored locally on that device. Since it's broken, you'd need to have taken a backup of those prior to it breaking, so that you have a data source for restore.

If you mean your non-BBM contacts, then those as well depend on a backup or other data source from which you can restore them to another BB.

You can find many backup/restore instructions via the backup link in my auto-sig on this post.

Otherwise, please clarify exactly what you need and we may perhaps be able to better help you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: charm&7100t
My Carrier: smartphone

Oops, I have encountered the same problem, who can help me, I have tried some of the tips the above said, but I still can figure it out!
My Device: curve 9220
My Carrier: no

I need help....

i entered wrong device password 10 times while connecting to system for backup.

Suddenly white screen appeared and was reboot.

I lost all my contacts ofcourse all my phone memory.

can anybody help me to get all my contacts back.

Thank you.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

manindragunnam wrote:

I need help....

i entered wrong device password 10 times while connecting to system for backup.

Suddenly white screen appeared and was reboot.

I lost all my contacts ofcourse all my phone memory.

can anybody help me to get all my contacts back.

Thank you.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given what you describe, there is no longer any personal data on the device...BBs are quite secure, and allowing yourself to incorrectly enter your device password 10 times has caused it's anti-theft functions to kick in, and wipe itself clean of all personal data. There is nothing now on the device itself from which to recover your lost data. Your only hope is if you have been using some backup processes...BB provides several free methods (the Desktop Software, BB Protect, etc.), and there also could be 3rd party methods you may have used. If the contacts data you need are those contained in the device contacts app, then restoring from some prior backup is the only method to get this data back.

Alternatively, if you used some online location (e.g., Outlook.com, Google, etc.) as your master storage location for this data, then reintegrating that account to the device should repopulate the device with the data from the server.

A further alternative is if you were synchronizing (via USB or BT) with your computer PIM (e.g., Outlook), in which case your data should be safe there.

Lastly, if the contacts data you need are those associated with BBM (as opposed to those in the on-device contacts app), then as described above reconnecting your device to your BBID and then launching BBM should bring those BBM contacts back to the device.

Backups, like insurance, are neither a reactive nor an optional activity...they are intended to be taken BEFORE things go wrong, and are of no value if never used.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................