Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Recover Deleted Call Logs

Hi All,

Really hoping someone could assist. A few calls were made from my phone yesterday and I need to retrieve the details. It seems as if the number was deleted and the battery pulled. I have researched and the answer will be to look at the Event Log (ALT LGLG), however it seems that the event log only keeps data for one day, and this data is sometimes lost by a battery pull.

Does anyone know if the detailed event showing previous days info can be pulled?

Are there any other way of retrieving the deleted numbers?

Regards,
X.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Recover Deleted Call Logs

Hello Tripzzz, and welcome to the Forums!

As far as I know, the event log stores only information related to programs and processes running on the device.....not the phone log.

Unfortunately, if the offender has deleted the record out of the phone's call log, there's no way that I know of to recover that information.

To be sure, though, have you press the GREEN phone button to bring up the log and there's nothing in there?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Let's try one thing, though, before we give up hope.

Open a messages folder on your device, then press the BB menu button.  Scroll down to "View Folder" and see if there's a listing for Phone Call Logs.  If there is, see if there's anything in there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Hi There,

Thanks for the replies! seems like I have hit a dead as as the number /s does not appear in the call logs.

I have another question, but as it is different from this, I will open another thread. Thanks again guys!

My Device: charm&7100t
My Carrier: smartphone

It doesn't address an iPhone's function. But it does attempt to address your underlying need. Presumably you would like a way to see your history of outgoing calls. The carrier's records are potentially a way for you to fulfill that request.
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Airtel

You saved my life. Fortunately, that was the last call that i made!