Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Recover amr.rem file

Hi All

I have an archived amr.rem voicenote file which I wish to recover. Since the BB on which I created the voicenote died and was wiped i do not have it available to use to recover. I have a replacement BB onto which I have restored my various applications, but I am not able to play or access the amr.rem file as it appears to be encrypted in some way linked to my old BB. It there any way in which i can recover my voicenote file?

All advice appreciated.

Martin

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Recover amr.rem file

Sorry, it is not recoverable not unencryptable.

The encrypted ".rem" files are ONLY able to be unencrypted on the same device as made, until the encryption is removed. In your case, the original device is not available.

Sorry.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi JSanders Thanks for your reply. I feared this was the case. A slight twist in my situation is that my BB was recovered by my IT department (work smartphone). It has been wiped and upgraded, but I have backups of my BB configuration at the time it died. Do you imagine there might be hope if I were able to restore my BB to its previous state? Is this even possible? Thanks in advance for your help Martin
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

No, sorry, not after it's been wiped and upgraded.

The wiping removes the ecryption keys ON the device to those files.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor

Many Thanks for the confirmation. I guessed this was the situation, but it is good to have your firm confirmation.

Thanks for your helpful support.