Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

Recover ereased default games/apps

Hello.

I have a 8520 device. I got some default games ereased (Klondike, Poker and one more) when I changed the phone date. 

Is there any way to reinstall them?

Thank you in advise,

Marc

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Recover ereased default games/apps

Hey marcfg,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

To re-install the games that come with the BlackBerry Device Software, please follow these steps.

1. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

2. Open Application Loader.

3. Click on Update Software.

4. Then proceed to click on Advanced.

5. You will have a full list of applications listed here, the games are usually towards the bottom.  Place a check-mark in the applications you wish to add.

6. Press Next and then Finish.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8250
My Carrier: Virgin

Hi, Thanks for the advice but it doesn't work for me.

I updated the software and 3 games were deleted including the default blackberry games.

Specifically I want to restore the World Poker Tour 2 game.

I have followed your instructions but cannot find the poker game to reinstall.

I get to step 4 on your list and there is no advanced tab,

Can you hep me please?

Thanks

Ben

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Fido

I had the same issue with mine when i upgraed the OS.

I opended the BB desktop software

Went to applications

In the action column I selected all the apps I wanted (click the + symbol to install)

at the bottom right hand hit apply after you have selected everything you want to reinstall...

It worked for me, so good luck hope it works for you too Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME Smiley Sad  i already have the desktop manager but when i press 'applications' nothing loads, in red writing it says 'loading applications' but nothing actually happens, my memo pad, and all default games were deleted and i would very much like them back! any help x

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

mararosexo wrote:

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME Smiley Sad  i already have the desktop manager but when i press 'applications' nothing loads, in red writing it says 'loading applications' but nothing actually happens, my memo pad, and all default games were deleted and i would very much like them back! any help x

Hello,

I suggest this thread:

Steps 1 thru 7 should get your Desktop Software back to the point that it's properly recognizing your BB (for what you describe, you don't need steps 8 and 9). You may want, for step 6, to choose the exact OS package that is already running on your BB:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

If you choose something different, then your BB will have to be upgraded/downgraded to the OS that you installed before you can proceed.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................