Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Recovering Photos from BlackBerry 8100 in Device memory

I was using Desktop Manager and the Roxio  media manager to transfer photos from the In Device memory to my PC...well being my first time, I was trying to cut and paste from the program to the actual folder. Well something happen that the paste didn't work so well and most pix were unviewable saying  "Drawing failed". I decided to just go ahead and delete the pix from the desktop folder and emptied my recycle bin..so I decided to go ahead and use the software's controls to "copy up" or "copy down" and well then things started working correctly.

I used a photo recovery software last night and it only recovered photos from the Micro SD card. I would like to know if it is possible to use some software to go into the Black Berry Pearl's in device memory and actually recover photos from it.  It may also be possible that some photos did actually cut and paste correctly the first time and I deleted them from my PC's recycle bin. So any recommendations for a PC's photo recovery software is also needed.

Maybe I should stop saving pix to the in device memory?

thanks in advance for any help 

Highlighted
My Device: charm&7100t
My Carrier: smartphone

Re: Recovering Photos from BlackBerry 8100 in Device memory

Aren't the photos saved in the iTunes backup? It may not have all of them, but when you back up your phone I think if you restore from a previous backup then you could possibly retrive them. I may be wrong, but I read somewhere a long time ago that it was an option. Have you ever backed up; not sync'd but backed up?
Once you do that, grab those photos (if it works) and then recover deleted photos from iPhone via the latest backup.