Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Recurring Sync Error

I keep getting this error when syncing my phone "The following recurring event could not be synced. Remove the event and sync again."

The problem is that the event has been deleted on both my PC calendar and my BB. How do i resolve this, as it does not allow me to sync the phone.

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Recurring Sync Error

I get it too. It's an event in the past and I have clicked only sync future events
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Did you get anywhere with this yet? There seems to be no way out from here. I updated the desktop manager because for some really dumb reason, my calendar has been getting deleted. So now, I have huge holes in my calendar history and can't sync anything at all anymore because of the message I am getting. Help me please!

New Contributor

No. i'm still trying to fix it.

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

No fixed yet. The closest I got was the RIM are looking at it

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Thank you. I hope they give you an answer. My blackberry wont sync at all now. I restored it yesterday to an earlier date but that did nothing to help that issue, just made me lose more data. I re-restored it this morning and tried to sync. Same issue. When you tk o RIM - tell them they need a button that says NEVER DELETE from OUTLOOK unless prompted. I now have years of deleted calendar that I didn't notice happened at the time. I almost switched to an IPHONE before I got this blackberry but changed my mind. Hmm - no so sure if that was wise. My calendar is very important. Good luck. Thank you for keeping me posted.

New Contributor

I reached out to RIM on Twitter and they finally said I should contact my phone company and have them transfer me to RIM for direct help. We'll see how that works.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930 (v7.1.0.267, Platform 5.1.0.230)
My Carrier: Sprint

Wow!

I would really like to know how that works out.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

kene wrote:

I reached out to RIM on Twitter and they finally said I should contact my phone company and have them transfer me to RIM for direct help. We'll see how that works.

Hello,

To add...that is actually the ONLY way to receive any formal support from RIM whatsoever. Every other channel is informal...Twitter, here in this site (when a RIM person sometimes posts), etc. are all informal. Only via escalation from your carrier do you receive any formal support from RIM. The carriers have the ability (indeed, responsibility!) to escalate cases into RIM that they cannot resolve. But, they (the carriers) take on, by being BB carriers, the contractual responsibility for ALL service and ALL front-line support to their users. That is how the support model works.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Finally got to RIM tech support. The issue was that a file on my device was corrupt, and they had to delete it before resyncing what i had on my PC calendar. I'm not thrilled i had to lose my device calendar info, but i'm more upset at the robotic nature of the tech support. Very cold and non-chalant about it, and did not take the time to explain why it had to be so. I could tell from what he was saying that i'd be deleting my device files, but for some reason he kept going around it and not saying it straight. I'll say that this has been one of my worst support encouters with RIM. Not sure if its bcos they are losing market share to Apple, but they really should work on their phone support folks.

I sure hope the events i had on my phone will remind me about our meetings ahead of time.