Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930 (v7.1.0.267, Platform 5.1.0.230)
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Recurring Sync Error

When I stupidly allowed an auto update to ver 7.0 of the Desktop Software & let it run a synch, it also deleted a bunch of my calendar entries.  Luckily I looked in the deleted items folder and moved them back to the Outlook calendar before I emptied the deleted items folder.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Do you know what file you deleted?  I'm getting the same error now and can't sync my calendar.  I assume I have the same issue.  Are you saying once you deleted that file that you no longer had calendar functions on your BB?  Or did you just lose the calendar entries on your device and got them back when you synced again?

Seems funny that everyone is getting the same error all of a sudden, doesn't it?  I think my days as a BB user are numbered.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Definitely numbered. The tech support person first isolated where the corrputed file was; in my case, my phone. He backed up the files on my phone to my PC, and then wiped off the data on my phone. He then asked me to do a one way sync from my calendar to my phone. This removed the corrupt file, but did not really repair it. I can sync my phone now. The downside to this is that you lose all future appointments on your phone that had not been transfered to your PC calendar. That was the most frustrating thing for me because i could not remember what I had coming up.

If you are willing to take that chance, your phone will work ok after that. If it happens again, you'll have to go through it again. I'm definitely moving to an Iphone soon; I really like the BB, but i don't need this extra inconvenience. If they get their act together, we'll consider staying on.

Contributor

Here's something weird.  I rebooted the device (for another reason), and I shut down and restarted my computer.  Everything is working fine again - no problems synching.  Funky behavior but at least it's working again.

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have the same frustrating error message that has now prevented me from re-synching my Blackberry for weeks - despite like you having deleted the calendar entry identified. Since this is one of the main reasons I purchased a BB in the first place, I am now, without a RIM fix exploring alternative devices. Did you get any solutions or answers once your carrier escalated the call into RIM?

My Carrier: T-Mobile

I know this is an old forum, but I was helping someone troubleshoot this same error and found a solution.

After basic troubleshooting, batt pull, rebooting PC, etc., we used Desktop Mgr to change the Organizer Sync to a one way sync from PC to phone to overwrite the phone's calendar....successfully syncd...then changed back to 2-way, added new item on PC, synced fine with no errors. 

Based on the research I did, the solution was always to backup/reload OS/restore, but this seemed to be able to delete the corrupt file on the device without reloading the OS.

Hope this helps anyone who comes across this.

New Contributor
My Device: 9930

I now am encountering this error. 

I have no issue deleting the calendar on my 9930 and then synching it to the Outlook Calendar.

How do I do it?

Thanks,

Barry

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To clear the device calendar, refer:

Good luck!

PS -- for safety, if it were me, I'd first create a PST in Outlook and copy all of my data there...just in case...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I'm trying to follow your instructions.

But, when I connect the device to my computer and, on the 9930, select synch data.  Then I bring up the Windows application and it sits there saying connect to device.  If I unplug and reconnect the 9930, it asks for the passcode and then goes on to sit there saying connect to device.  If I use the device dropdown on the top menu, the only thing highlighted is synch by type.  But  the two options there are greyed out.

Thanks,

New Contributor

I tried it again. It automatically tried synching and then ran into the above error. Is that what is causing the fact that I cannot follow your instructions?