Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

dod
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: O2

Red Light Flashing

Torch 9800

Software version 6.0.0.246

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help. After my daughter installed a couple of apps from the BB web site her Torch went blank and the red light started to flash. The red light flashes twice and repeats and that’s all the phone will do. I tried taking the battery without any luck, I tried connecting it to our pc but the BB desktop software ”cannot communicate with the connected device”

Any ideas

dod
New Contributor

Re: Red Light Flashing

Nobody else have this problem ?

My Device: Not Specified

ok my man. it'll ask you to update. choose the non-recommended one let it update. sadly it'll erase everything on the phone but atleast you save money.

dod
New Contributor

Hello I tried to update but got as far as this message.

untitled4.JPG

The latest is, the red light only flashes when on charge, could this be a battery issue ?
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Check the settings for the led notification light.  Not sure exactly where they'll be in the phone settings, but they'll be in there somewhere.  Could just be telling you that the phone is charging or something like that.  Most smartphones have a flashing led to let you know of new activity (phone call, sms, bbm) so it may just be that.

Regards, Ben
dod
New Contributor

Thanks

The trouble is the phone is completely dead, only the red LED works, 2 flashes a gap then repeats. As I said the LED only flashes now when on charge which makes me wonder if I have a problem with the charging circuit. I have no way of testing the charger. I assume the phone charges from the USB so I think it unlikely they are both faulty.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ur BlackBerry® has got bricked! Don't worry! Download the latest official OS and install using DM 6 or apploader! This will solve the problem