Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: nTelos

Re: Red X Shown On Battery

FIRST, what does this icon mean? SECOND, how do you solve it? Is it something to do w/ Pandora? I downloaded it today. When I pulled battery for the reboot, I got this icon. What is the solution?

ijoseph wrote:

I have a curve 8900 that shows a red x on the battery icon when loading the battery does not charge and the phone does not come on even after changing that battery, cleaning out the ports. i just won't turn on. has anyone encounterd that problem before?

what was your solution.

i also have an 8520 that recently started doing the same thing too.

My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: NON

hi,

i'd the the same problem , but in Bold 9700

i wanna to know if you had solved your problem at last or not.

i had upgrade my device software , and don't know if its a device problem or a dead battery problem,,

i hope you answer me..

thanks at all 

Dr. Mamdouh Fahmy

My Device: 9780
My Carrier: TMobile

I agree with jhnash01. I had the same problem with my 9780. Red x appeared on the battery icon and recharging did nothing. Removed the media card and it works fine. Bought a new media card, and as soon as I installed it....back to the red x on the battery icon! I'm calling Blackberry Support.....Obviously, a software problem....AGAIN! No wonder their stock is in the toliet!

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

I first had this battery issue happen a few days after I first dropped my phone hard on the sidewalk, and occasionally had this issue when apps updated, so I think I just didn't have the firm contact because of the hard impact.

I tried all the recommendations listed and continued to have trouble periodically. I checked another posting site that recommended making sure your battery is firmly connecting. I had the back casing off while the power was on and applied slight pressure to the battery towards the connectors and it worked right away. I cut up thin slices of a business card and wedged them in on the opposite end of the battery and now the battery connection is fine.

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: voderphone

hi ya mate i dropped my phone on a night out 2 days ago and got the battery sign with a big red X through it. thought it was fooked as i had tryed every think.then i read your post and cut up a old credit card and put to little bits under the battery at the top and BOOOOOOOM its working again so a big high 5 to u mate over the moon cheers!!!!!! any one eles try that it worked for my phone think its a loose connection. but all good now thanks!!!!!
Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

Mine does exactly the same thing, I use to be able to make it come on by putting the charger in and out just before the loading bar changed to the x. Or it use to load a 3rd of the way on the x battery then re-set its self, it would do that about 6-7 times then eventually turn on normally. But now it shows the battery and the red x and just the loading bar  until a 3rd of the way and just gets stuck.

it was like that for about 7 hours before, in the end I tried putting my sisters fully charged blackberry battery in and it came on straight away, the battery that was in my phone had to be charged

so far its happened to my phone almost 10 times and its never happened to my sisters phone, she's had hers longer than me, but her phone screen does keep turning white and she has to plug it into the charger for it turn back on or it will load half way and turn back off

Contributor

Re: Red X Shown On Battery--DOWNLOADING corruption is the Problem

twice after downloading something from app world has it happened to me after i clicked on reboot now. but its happened other times as well, when i dropped it, when the battery was drained, after i left it in the sun for hours the battery draained and the red x came up. so its npt just after downloading it happens
Contributor

I've tried taking the memory card out, I've tried taking the battery in and out all the time (that use to work) I've put a different fully charged battery in, now im going to try sticking an old card at the top of the battery to push it down

Contributor

putting bits off card at the top hasn't worked either

Contributor

So far nothing as worked for my phone to come back on. I've tried leaving it, re-loading it all the time, changing the battery to a fully charged on, putting card at the top to push the battery down and STILL nothing has worked it just stuck with the red x battery, the loading bar shows up as well but not the outline of it just the bit that moves when its loading, that's two 3rds of the way loaded and it gets stuck that way unless I press a load of random buttons and then it just starts over again. The blackberry sign comes up and the proper loading bar, it loads a tiny bit then the button lights go off, the screen dims, the battery goes empty with the red x, the blackberry sign goes and the out line of the loading bar

I'm so fed up of this now! I need a solution