Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB curve 8520
My Carrier: Cell C

Re: Red X Shown On Battery

yes i did everything you posted

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

s1234 wrote:

yes i did everything you posted

Did you try the suggestions posted by Sullivanos?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Salamando

hey all, here's what worked for me. from my experience with repairing a few blackberries, i got red Xs because all of the electric contacts in the blackberry were not properly touching each other.  it's a bit tedious but i corrected it by opening up my blackberry and gently pushing up the brass-coloured  contacts so they jut out just a little more than they use to, and also made sure that nothing was blocking them like dust or grime.

this fix is sort of similar to sarahmartin's tip of pushing the battery into the contacts more but involves making sure all the contacts on the inside are also properly touching.  definitely, try sarahmartin's suggestion first.

i dont recommend you do this if you aren't used to taking apart electronic gadgets with tiny screws but there's some videos on youtube that will show you how if you do want to do it.

cheers.

New Contributor

thanks my phone is charging now but i still have that 1 problem of it stopping at 3/4 when loading. It only shows the loading bar at 3/4 and blackberry then after the screen will turn white

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Salamando

[ Edited ]

unfortunately ive never run into that problem before, but i did find this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-curve-8900-f100/another-white-screen-problem-670870/#post686...

and reading throught the rest of the thread, you might need a new battery.  it worked for some.

cheers.

New Contributor

Thanks I wil do just that!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Etisalat

Would the solution that JSanders   posted affect the data stored. I am having this problem with my blackberry and my recent back up is quite old. My priority is to get the most recent data from my blackberry, since I have bought a new device. 

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

albaghash wrote:

Would the solution that JSanders   posted affect the data stored.

Which solution? I've posted three in this thread.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Etisalat

JSanders wrote:

izzylou wrote:

One whole day my phone ha had the red x now.

If I was to ring up my service provider, would they be able to do anything like take it to be repaired???

Try this:

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

this one. sorry I forgot to quote it earlier.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

The 1st day mine turned off because the battery was brained so I charged it for 24hour but the loading bar was freezing two 3rds of the way with the red X there, eventually it turned on but I put a low battery in after it turned on the charge that as well but the red X came straight back on, so left it for 24hours charging again and it turned on again but the battery was low, before I could charge it, it was dropped the screen went black the red light came on then the red X came up again so I charged it for a few hours then left it off charge, didn't plug it into a charger, didn't take the battery out, didn't try turning it back on nothing just left it for a day then I plugged it in to the charger and it loaded straight away

so maybe leaving it for a day or so works?