Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

Re: Red X Shown On Battery

[ Edited ]

I have to agree with Dannymc5 here. I got so sick of my Bold 9700 constantly giving me the red X that I switched to an Android phone, which has so far been superb.

Re: an earlier post that I made where I said I thought the solution was to just repeatedly remove and re-insert the battery until it booted up properly, I later discovered that this was a red herring. I did actually manage to "fix" the red X problem by completely wiping my Bold 9700 and restoring it back to factory defaults. The problem then disappeared and I was able to sell the phone in good faith (it's been fine for the buyer ever since). I can only assume that the problem (or at least the problem with mine) was therefore related to one of the many updates downloaded from RIM, as it only started in the first place after I downloaded official updates for BB App World and BBM.

It's a pretty drastic solution but could be worth a try for anyone who's really desperate, as nothing else (including wedging a bit of paper/card etc in the battery compartment) worked for me.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

hey my brother, i have been trying your procedure for 5 days now, but its not working. its just say its connecting the device until it returns an error messege, saying couldnt connect the device.

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

So you're not connected to a wall outlet charger but to the PC?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

I also tried the outlet charger for 3 days, i dont get results. Is there anything you can suggest I should do? Any help would be more apprecited. Thanx in advance.

Visitor
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: Spirit

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

izzylou wrote:

One whole day my phone ha had the red x now.

If I was to ring up my service provider, would they be able to do anything like take it to be repaired???

Try this:

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

I have the same problem, but trying your solution in step 4 instend of "usb-pin: unknow" i see my pin and when i click next it says it can't connect to the phone, any help is apreciated.

Make sure you're connected to a main rear PC usb port, not a front port and not a USB hub.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: blackberry

i got a red cross on my blackberry, i tried all the methods, for example, trying to reboot the device but it will not be recognised casue it dont turn on, charge it for 2 hours or more, etc. if any one else knows what the actual problem is please let me know..

annoyed123 wrote:

i got a red cross on my blackberry, .

Let it charge longer, 4-5 hours.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: blackberry

literally tried everything but the red cross will not go and bb will not start up, i swear this is a blacberry support forum, mayby they want to speak up and say how to solve this problem. There is always a problem with blackberry!!!!!!!!!!!

annoyed123 wrote:

i swear this is a blacberry support forum, mayby they want to speak up and say how to solve this problem. There is always a problem with blackberry!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the EULA and message upon registration.

IF you need official support, contact your mobile provider (to whom you pay your monthly service on your SIM) and they will asisst you "officially" and any issue they can't resolve, ask them to escalate the issue up to RIM level tier 2 tech support.

Knowledge Base Updates