Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Red X Shown On Battery

That red X over the battery is, my battery kept on dying to quick so I had to go and buy a new one, the thing was you get a aftermarket battery and a mating connecter. You have to put the new battery in the fone until you see the X come on over the batte, you put that one along with your old bb battery in to the mating case, wait for the red light to come on and then go of, something to do with transfer of the battery data, and when you put the new battery in your fone it supposed to work but when I done it, it still had the red X on there, twice I went and changed the battery and still no good. Why can't we just buy a Blackberry battery and just put it straight into our fones, they just make it so damned hard for us, hope that helps with the query.
Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hey Scott, I've seen those type batteries but never had the displeasure of having to purchase one. I guess maybe over 8 years of BlackBerry use I've purchased maybe 8-10 different additional batteries for myself or family and not once gotten one as you describe. All mine have been ready to go, partially charged working batteries. Not complicated at all.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: vodafone

I can't seem to get one for my curve 9360, all the shops keep saying to me that they don't stock batteries, so where can I get the battery from for my phone, could you please let me know. Thanks
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Thought I'd give an update to my issue.

The FOURTH handset I received seems to be working from a battery/charge perspective now.

Fingers crossed.

However, it's now developed another problem....(shakes head) and I don't even use the camera...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/please-please-help-me-resolve-my-camera-probl...

My Device: 9810 Torch
My Carrier: Vodacom

Just got the same thing, so annoyed with Blackberry. ive had to purchased 5 9810 Torch smartphones and im getting sick of it.

My service provider said that this must be because of battery failure. AAH im am confinced to m oved to andriod phones!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9900
My Carrier: Mtel

Red X Shown On Battery

Hello,

I also have this problem with red "X".

The original battery a little work I decided to buy a new battery.

Remove the old battery and put a new battery and this problem occurs.

Put the old battery and phone works fine.

How to get the phone to work with the new battery?

Is there a solution to this problem?

My phone is a BlackBerry BOLD 9900

The red X basically means that the BlackBerry is not recognizing the presence of a battery inserted.

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the charging cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage). If it doesn't reboot on the first attempt, leave it several more hours. I've had one charge for two days before it came back to life after an extreme battery depletion. Every 3-4 hours, with the device still connected to the charger, you can remove and replace the battery to see if it reboots.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone egypt

plz i have the same proplem so tell me what i do plz i need it urgent

Amrnabil, what you need to do, first... Please read this thread and follow the instructions I've already given.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone egypt

is it the right solve for my proplem

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the charging cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage). If it doesn't reboot on the first attempt, leave it several more hours. I've had one charge for two days before it came back to life after an extreme battery depletion. Every 3-4 hours, with the device still connected to the charger, you can remove and replace the battery to see if it reboots.

plz answer me

thanks admin