Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Fido

Red X on Battery Icon - Bold 9700

Hello,

I have a bold 9700 with the red x through battery problem. Does anyone know the cause of it, and the solution? It's not the battery I've tired 3 different batteries, all which were original. It always comes up with the same problem. The LED will turn red when I charge it, then the empty battery with an X through it will be displayed.

What's going on? I've tried connecting it to Desktop Manager, and it gets recognized just fine, just won't charge at all.

My Device: 9780
My Carrier: T-mobile

Re: Red X on Battery Icon - Bold 9700

My partner has this phone and a red X has appeared on the battery icon on his phone.  We are unable to find out what this means.  Help anyone please.

My Device: 9780

Update. My partner's phone is working. It was apparently a bad connection. Suggest anyone with this problem try to clean the terminals both at the battery and on the phone and see if that works.
New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 2- 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

I had a same problem with my new battery. A RED CROSS over a battery sign. Apparently the problem lies with the battery and probably u have to put a new one. I got mine replaced free of cost when the shopkeeper confirmed that it was indeed damaged.

My Device: 9700-9900
My Carrier: Bell

I have the same problem with a 9700.  This is not caused by a bad battery, I have tried with 3 that are working with other BB9700.  I tried to restore to the factory default using the AppLoader and it wll not complete the installation. It goes thru half the process.  I have tried many time, removed battery many time (changed battery), even droped the 9700 a few times (this was seen to fix the issue on other forums ;-p  )

Anyone cab help?

Thx

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

i have just spoken to a friend of mine who fixes phones as i have the same problem. Take it to a phone shop, like your local phone dealers (not carphone warehouse or anything) and ask them to 'reboot, or reformat' your phone.. you can also do this if you have the disk the phone came with x hope this helps Smiley Very Happy x (should cost about £20, or do it yourself at home for free x

My Device: blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Orange

I have the same problem! basically my screen had an LCD leak for the 2nd time!!! couldnt see the screen at all! Smiley Sad so as the screens are so expensive i bought one from china for roughly £17! which is quite good.....however not realising it was gonna take nearly a month to get here. so now i have just recieved it and then the battery with red X has come up! basically the phone has been dead for a month so i dont know what the problem is! i charged it last night while i was sleeping so roughly for 10 hours it was on charge and still woke up to the battery with the red x! right now i have plugged the bb into my laptop and is currently updating with the new screen in! so i hope it might help! will let you know the outcome!
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Telcell

I had the same problem recently. The phone nor the charger is the problem here. The problem is the copycat blackberry batteries. I believe these batteries are not made with the same power as the name brand. You have to buy the original blackberry battery. The name blackberry have to be on the battery, also the gray color on the battery is much darker.

Make sure that when you go and buy a new blackberry battery, you walk with the phone and let the people you are buying the battery from but it in the phone for you. When you see the phone start loading the battery is good, if not tell the seller to try another battery or go to another store.