Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Red light won't turn off when charging

I have had my phone for 6 months. 3 times now I gotten a a red light (NOT flashing) when I plug in my phone to charge. According to my provider (Rogers), they haven't heard of this - YEAH RIGHT!

I have read about flashing red lights online with the Bold 9900, but mine just stays on.

Has anybody had this issue? And does anybody know how to resolve this? My provider is suggesting I try out a new battery and that will fix the issue. I don't use my phone excessively and I have only recharged it when the battery is low or in the red. My husband has a Torch and he has NEVER had this issue with his phone.

Any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: Red light won't turn off when charging

Hi,

Have u recently installed any app which is somehow related to the LED light flashing with incoming calls, text messages etc...???

If yes, then do check the app, coz normally such apps have an option to turn on the LED while charging... 

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up...
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Red light won't turn off when charging

No I haven't installed anything recently.