Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Redirected emails contain text/plain attachemnt

Had my Tour for a week now and my redirector seems to be working properly but some messages come through with a text/plain attachment and no "body". I assume the attachment is the email but I never had this problem before with 8830. I did upgrade my desktop software to the latest that came with the tour. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Contributor

Re: Redirected emails contain text/plain attachemnt

Do you have any 3rd party apps installed? One or all of them is probably causing the issue.

I am having the same problem.  Any time the email has an attachment, the text of the email shows up as "plain/text" and I cannot open it.  Any idea about a fix?
New Contributor

I have had the same issue on my Tour now on two different occasions.  I am using Outlook on a BES server and our network administrators can never find anything wrong and the problem seems to correct itself over time. 

Emails that show this way on my Tour are able to be read with no problems on my desktop Outlook account and can be forwarded to any other email program and read fine.  I forwarded them to my GMAIL account and was able to read them on my Tour just fine.

Also noticed that if I replied to one of these emails from my desktop that any replies back to me are still unable to be read.

Currently I have the only Tour on our BES server, but need to know what causes this as we may be migrating more users to this device.

This is my First BB and I have the same problem.  Any attachment sent to my hotmail account opens fine.  Any attachment redirected to the BB tour is "stripped" with no attachment, but only an icon.  Help!

New Contributor

Found a knowledge base article on RIM's support site that states that this problem is due to having imbedded images in emails and some third party software using BlackBerry's MAPI app.  I deleted the imbedded image in my email signature block and this corrected the problem. 

You can also try uninstalling third party software until it works as well. 

They are supposed to be working on a patch for this.

Hope this works for you.

Hi.

Thanks. Can you clarify what you mean so I can try to correct the problem to .  If I forward the redirected email to aol or gmail, then I can read it. Strange.

New Contributor

If you have your company logo, or any other .bmp, .jpg, etc., in your email signature block, then any email you send that someone may reply to will cause this problem.

Remove any graphics from your signature block on outgoing emails, or uninstall third party software from your BlackBerry one application at a time to see what is causing the problem.

This is not a problem with a fresh out of the box Tour.  Some third party app starts the problem.

Hope this helps.