Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Engineer

Reg : Relation between Atonomous GPS positioning and Network carrier Blackberry 9630

Hi,

In my organization we are using Blackberry 9630 mobiles for person tracking.My application requests Location updates for every 15 secs.Some times My application is not getting GPS Position for hours.For other Blackberry mobiles (9300,8900,8820,8310) it is working fine.I googled this problem,some people linking this issue with Network carrier .Please tell me what is the Relation between  Atonomous GPS positioning  and Network carrier .

Mobile : Blackberry 9630 CDMA

O.S 5.0

GPS Mode : GPS Satellites

Thanks and Regards

P.Ramkumar.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Reg : Relation between Atonomous GPS positioning and Network carrier Blackberry 9630

Hi ramkumar

This could be related to Cell Site Location services.  Some wireless providers use triangulation with their wireless towers to provide an approximate location.  This location is not typically accurate within a couple kilometers.  The BlackBerry will use Cell Site Location if it is unable to retrieve a GPS location.

You will have to consult with your wireless provider to determine if its supported.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!