Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9650 Bold
My Carrier: Sprint

Reinstalling Task Manager

Hey there,

Have a Bold 9650 running 6.0.0.45 software and the Task Manager module seems to have become corrupted when I tried to delete some completed tasks. Get error messages Uncaught Exception: application registery.getor waitfor oxa181ofd2e049e5f3 ownerdied thread [thread 391961600,5] and another error message of ... Uncaught Exception Index 5 >=5.

Tried to sync with Outlook through the desk top manager and it says that the Task Manager is not intalled. Going to the Applications in desktop manager it shows the Task Manager module as well as the calender, memo etc with the Task Manger module grayed out and it says "required" in the status column like the other BB modules with no available + or - sign to delete or install.

Tried to do a restore from a previous backup and this effort had no success. Then I tried to do an update to my software thinking this might re-install a new task manager module but it came back and said there were no updates available at this time.

Calander, contacts and memo files all appear to be in order and working fine. It is just the Task manager part that seems to have the problem. 

Does anyone have some advice on how to re-install or get this module un-corupted??

Thanks!