Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Reinstalling device software

Hi -

I have installed device software v4.5.0.52. I need to reinstall this version due to another problem.

My desktop manager version is 4.5.0.15.

How do I force desktop manager to reinstall the same version? I have options to add/remove applications,

but the handheld software checkbox cannot be unchecked.

Here is what I see:

1) Click Application Loader

2) See 2 options a)Add/Remove and b)Update Applications

3) Click Start button under Add/Remove

4) I see a table of all the applications. Clicking the Options button, I see a pop-up that has the

Device option to "Delete all application data" and "Erase all currently installed applications".

I cannot select those checkboxes to delete them.

What is the best way to reinstall the same version?

Thanks

amod

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Reinstalling device software

Did you want to Backup all of the data first before reloading the software?

If you go into Application Loader and hit 'Start' under Update Applications. Next hit Advanced, click everything that you want to remain installed on the device, then Next. On this next screen does it let you uncheck those 2 boxes to complete the installation?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Developer

No, I do not care about the data for backing it up.

I tried your suggestion, but I cannot uncheck the BlackBerry 4.5.0 System Software and the Blackberry 4.5.0 Core

Applications. They have a lighter color, and I cannot unselct the check box. I was hoping that I could remove

them just like I remove other apps, but these 2 seem "special" and those are the ones that I need to remove, and then

reinstall.

What version of the Desktop manager are you using? Are you able to remove those two via this method?

Thanks

amod

Elite I

[ Edited ]
I have Desktop Manager 4.5. You can never uncheck the BlackBerry 4.5.0 System Software and the Blackberry 4.5.0 Core options. So after you hit Start, then go into Advanced and check the ones you want installed, hit Next, it doesn't let you check the options to delete all application data? Essentially doing that will erase everything from the device, then reinstall the options that were checked in the 'Device Application selection' screen
Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 08-19-2008 09:07 PM
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Developer

I do see the option to erase all the data, but I cannot mark that checkbox, and that is

under the Options button.  I wonder if I should reinstall the Desktop software now.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks

amod

Elite I

That's definitely strange. I just double checked again. On the 'Device Application selection' screen I can hit the Options button and check any of the boxes. I'm not sure what else to try. Maybe someone else has other ideas for you. Sorry
New Developer

Desktop manager detects a device s/w change(either an upgrade or a downgrade), and loads

that version. I downloaded an older 4.2 version, and installed that on the phone.

After that, I installed the 4.5, and DM downloads the 4.5 on the phone. Not the cleanest way to reinstall,

but works.  Thought that this might be useful to others struggling with device s/w installs.

Elite I

I just found this too that metions  problem with the 4.5 software: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15835
New Developer

Super! Thanks, and this is great.
My Device: 8100

Please resend the Blackberry 4.5.0 system software & Core Applications