Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Rejecting PIN asking to enter "blackberry"

aksnowflake wrote:

I am having the same problem. However, as I just recently got my blackberry working again a few months ago from a friend so that I would not lose all my pics, data, etc as I did not have them saved (the phone had already been sent in & replaced less than 6mos earlier & I could not risk losing pics from my Grandfather's 90th birthday party esp since he passed three mos later). It is no saying I am typing in the wrong password & now am up to the tenth attempt! It asks me to type "blackberry" first.....please help! I think the password I remember is all numbers, however it doesn't seem to be working unless I am supposed to hit the alt key? PLEASE HELP ME!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Being on the 10th attempt, there is little hope. You have only one more chance to get it right, and it remains a guess as to what would be correct. The only better chance I can think of is this -- have you ever connected this BB to a PC and know how to enter the password correctly on that PC keyboard? If so, then do that...the password counter is the same regardless of entry method (BB keyboard versus PC keyboard). Failing that, then you remain where you are...whatever you have been trying is not correct and you must try something else, but you have only one more try before all is wiped out. The alt key may be what you need, but so may the caps or other key modifyers. If you had more than one try left, then you could try more different things.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: blackberryplaybook
My Carrier: none

my black berry  playbook tab is rejecting the pin,  i  use always and i'm pretty sure the pin is 100% correct. i try everything its not help what should i do?  someone help please!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberryplaybook
My Carrier: none

have same problem but nothing is working, What should i do?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

As with BB devices themselves, the PB uses the same type of security. There is no back door or master password to use. If you cannot properly enter the password you created, the only hope is to fail 10 times and allow it to wipe clean, thereby starting all over as if it were NIB.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: o2

[ Edited ]

Hi!

have been reading through the post but I'm still a bit unsure, since we're on the last attempt and saving the contactlist is a must..!! ( Bold 9700)

After turning off the phone while still on, the password is asked for showing the characters being typed in.

The password is normaly typed in without using Alt and is 8527 .

Question: Do we use Alt to recieve the NUMBERS, or do we type it in as normal with letters showing??

would be VERY apprichiated if someone could give us a clear answer!!! THANKS!

Hall of Famer III

clerato wrote:

Hi!

have been reading through the post but I'm still a bit unsure, since we're on the last attempt and saving the contactlist is a must..!! ( Bold 9700)

After turning off the phone while still on, the password is asked for showing the characters being typed in.

The password is normaly typed in without using Alt and is 8527 .

Question: Do we use Alt to recieve the NUMBERS, or do we type it in as normal with letters showing??

would be VERY apprichiated if someone could give us a clear answer!!! THANKS!

Hello,

You have to type exactly the correct characters that your password actually is...the keys you press may be different to result in the proper characters. For instance, if your password is

• ab123

and you enter

• a > b > ALT > 1 > 2 > 3

the actual result will be

• ab1er

You must enter

• a > b > ALT > 1 > ALT > 2 > ALT > 3

in order to wind up with ab123. So, in this example, while on the BB keyboard you think you are typing ab123, you are actually typing ab1er.

With just one try left, you must be very lucky so as to get it right...once your BB wipes, there will be no data recovery possible.

Good luck!