Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8220
My Carrier: TIM, in Brazil

Reload Software: 507; JVM 529...

Hello,

I have a Pearl 8220 device, which always worked great until the day I got a message suggesting me to update the BB Desktop Software.  I did so, and since then I have going through a nightmare.

Right after the update I could not sync my device with outlook.  It would make a real mess, and replicate entries on both sides.  In other words, the newer version didn’t sync.

I tried to install the previous version, but then when I tried to backup the device the connection was lost, and the device froze.  Then I tried different versions of BBDesktopSoftware, and for all of them the connection issue happened over and over.  Every time the device froze I got an error message JVM 529.  Up to this point I was able to place and receive calls, and to send and receive messages.  But since I could not sync with my outlook, I kept reading articles that explained the possible reasons for the problems I was facing.

Then I decided to update the device software, and that apparently ended the story.  In the middle of the software installation the connection was lost again, the device froze, and now my blackberry does not have software.  Result of it is I can't use the device at all, it doesn't turn on, doesn't respond, I am not able to install any version of the device software, nothing.  When I try to install the software it goes to a point when the connection gets lost again.  Then I unplug it and wait and reconnect it, and it goes a little further, and then the connection gets lost again.  I saw a similar situation (but no solution) here: http://www.blackberryforums.com.au/forums/blackberry-pearl-smartphone-discussion/14029-jvm-applicati...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Contributor

Re: Reload Software: 507; JVM 529...

Just want to add another description for the problem: 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Pearl/Loading-Applications-erratic-connection-erro...

There was no suggestions though, only more users dealing with the same problem...

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

Hello,

For the two error codes you listed, here are the official KBs:

• KB02792 BlackBerry smartphone displays Error message “507” when upgrading BlackBerry Device Software
  • KB19767 Unable to application load a BlackBerry smartphone showing JVM 507 or JVM 513 using BlackBerry Desktop Software
  • KB28751 Upgrade to Device Software 5.0 on a BlackBerry Curve 8350i results in a 507 error
  • KB12063 BlackBerry smartphone displays JVM 529 error

As for your data mess (duplicates, etc.), I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

Further, it has also been reported that when your user profile on windows (type 'echo %userprofile%' in the command prompt) contains spaces, then the installer will not work. In order to solve this issue, log out of your Windows account and log back in using the local Administrator account (or any other account name without spaces) and install the desktop (for all users).

1) Remove your device OS update package(s) from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM Desktop Software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software
    • Some have reported the use of a registry cleansing tool to also be helpful
    • Still others have reported the use of your original PIM (e.g., Outlook, NOTES, etc.) installation CD, running the "repair" process, to be helpful in some situations

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM Desktop Software:

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Clean up your data, preferably in your Desktop Organizer app (e.g., Outlook)...this will be totally manual...I wish there were a bettery way. Just in case, you might also want to copy your clean data over to a PST (assuming you are using Outlook) so that you can more easily restore should something go wrong again.

6) Install the Desktop Software to your PC

7) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

8) Start the organizer configuration over:

• KB03315 How to synchronize organizer data (calendar, task list, memo list, and contact list) using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Hopefully that will get things going again.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

sdgardne,
Thanks for your response.  I'm afraid I emphasize too much the origin of my problems, and that was a little misleading for the good souls that want to help.
Clearly stating, my problem (the main one) is:
1. I tried to update the device OS.
2. Existing software was erased from the device in order to update, but during installation for some reason the device got disconnected.  Therefore my device has no software whatsoever (hence the "Reload Software: 507" message).
3. If I try to update the device software during the process (exactly during the "loading applications" phase) the device gets disconnected everytime I try.
4. I have tried on six machines (WinXP and Win7), but always get the same message ("Application loader could not connect to your device. Please ensure that your device is connected securely to your computer and click Retry").  I retry and it happens again!
5. I really think this other post explains very well. 
5. It's way before the sync process can be started, I only mentioned that to give more info on how the problem began.  Once I get my device back up and running, I may still have the sync issue, but that's a minor one compared to not having a phone at all (which is the case now, with no software in it).
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

[ Edited ]

OK...you must have installed to your PC the RIM Desktop Software as well as your BB OS package. So, please still conduct steps 1-4 then 6 and then 7 from above...that will make sure that things are clean on your PC.

Then, download and install BBSAK (bbsak.org)...with your BB showing 507, run BBSAK and connect to your PC...BBSAK should either find Unknown or your specific PIN...in either case, continue to the loading process of your BB OS with BBSAK. Note that, with BBSAK, you can also perform a WIPE...the result of which is a 507, which is actually a desired state in the middle of the process.

You can also try this technique:

It can be tricky to find just the correct moment to connect your BB to your PC and get these tools to then recognize it...I've had situations where it took 20 or more attempts to get it just right, but with a 507, you definitely should be able to reload your OS with one of these tools.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

ok, I'm trying that already.  I'll let you know.

Thanks a lot!!

Contributor

Sdgardne,

I took the suggested steps, with no luck.  Through BBSAK I checked the minimum apps, only the OS, and got disconnected a few times, and finally the software crashed (runtime error, abnormal program termination)

Similar stuff happened when I tried to do through the cmd prompt.  Then I tried a different way, to install a few applications to see if the lack of applications could be the cause.  But again got disconnected.

News here is that I’m always getting disconnected at the same point (loading module "net_rim_cldc.cod"), differently to when I try to update the software through the BB Desktop Software.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!!

Contributor

BTW, is there a way to post jpg's? I got a handful of screen captures of the error messages...
Hall of Famer III

That's quite odd. I've always found BBSAK to be quite solid. Hmmm... quite odd.

Are you doing a wipe with BBSAK first? Try that.

And, since it's getting stuck at the same point each time, perhaps there's an issue with that carriers OS package. While rare, I've seen before that one carriers OS package and anothers might be a little bit different. You might give that a try as well.

But, very odd indeed. Be sure your PC is clean, not much running, coming off a fresh reboot (power down, not the reboot command) and use Run As Administrator for all that you can.

Hall of Famer III

roneyrod wrote:
BTW, is there a way to post jpg's? I got a handful of screen captures of the error messages...

Yup...when you are in the full compose window (not the quick reply), use this button.
Capture.JPG