Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Reload Software 552

I have done the below items 5 times with no luck.  Can anyone assist me please?

Error "App Error 552" or "Reload software 552" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone
Doc ID : KB18751
Last Modified : 09-01-2009
Document Type : Support
Environment
  • BlackBerry® smartphones

Overview

The process of upgrading the BlackBerry® Device Software fails and the BlackBerry smartphone displays a white screen with one of the following errors:

App Error 522

Reload software 552

Cause

An application was not indexed correctly and resulted in a failure to properly initialize the applications. The Application Loader feature of the BlackBerry Desktop Software should be used to remove any newly installed applications that may have contributed to this state.

Resolution

Complete the following steps to resolve this issue:

1. Verify that the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and the current BlackBerry Device Software (for your BlackBerry smartphone) is installed on the computer.
  2. Remove the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone.
  3. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  4. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer. Do not insert the battery.
  5. Click Application Loader.
  6. Under the Update Software heading, click Start.
  7. Click Options. This allows you to add or remove applications from the BlackBerry smartphone.
  8. Select the applications that you want to install.
  9. Click Next.
  10. Click Next.
  11. Click Finish.
  12. Once the application load process starts, insert the battery into the BlackBerry smartphone.

Additional Information

This article contains information previously documented in KB18854.

Products
  • BlackBerry® Devices
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Reload Software 552

HI and Welcome to the Forums!

Can you say what "with no luck" means? Does it mean that the procedure fails at some step? Or the procedure goes through as expected, but the exact same error comes back? Or something else?

Thanks.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

I have a similar problem.  "Reload App 552" Error.  I've attempted to follow the previously posted solution several times and have gotten as far as what appears as the final "initialization" step. (This is after selecting the different apps which I want to load/delete and after loading is complete/successful).  I still get the same error upon initializing--Blackberry Desktop Manager says unable to connect (battery is in) & "552" error displayed on white screen.  Any solution?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Eddiec wrote:
I have a similar problem.  "Reload App 552" Error.  I've attempted to follow the previously posted solution several times and have gotten as far as what appears as the final "initialization" step. (This is after selecting the different apps which I want to load/delete and after loading is complete/successful).  I still get the same error upon initializing--Blackberry Desktop Manager says unable to connect (battery is in) & "552" error displayed on white screen.  Any solution?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Before starting the procedure, did you ensure that your carriers device OS package was installed to your PC (atop DTM)? Sometimes not having that makes a difference. You can obtain your carriers OS package via this portal:

You may also want to go through a clean removal and re-initialization of all of the DTM components needed...just to be sure. If so, I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:

• Choose the version that is newest and (if applicable) compatible with your PIM (if you are synchornizing via USB):
  • KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install DTM to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

7) Start the 552 recovery steps over again

Hopefully that will get things going again.

Last thing to try is a full wipe out of your device so that the OS reload truly has nothing left on the device...JL_Cmdr does that:

Good luck and let us know!

Good luck and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I installed the verizon software on my comp, all the desktop stuff I need too. I can't get the computer to recognize the phone (tour). I tried it without using the battery and it didn't work. I'm trying it now with a battery in the device, and i'll prob still get nowhere

Hall of Famer III

Ja3s0n22 wrote:

I installed the verizon software on my comp, all the desktop stuff I need too. I can't get the computer to recognize the phone (tour). I tried it without using the battery and it didn't work. I'm trying it now with a battery in the device, and i'll prob still get nowhere

Hi there!

Are you getting the exact same error as in the subject of this thread? If not, then your post should not be within this thread...nevertheless, here is the list of troubleshooting atricles...hopefully something will be useful:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Tips-for-getting-BlackBerry-Deskt...
KB02640 Troubleshooting USB connections
KB15486 Top 10 BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Manager troubleshooting tips
KB11439 BlackBerry Desktop Software does not detect the BlackBerry smartphone when it is connected
KB00019 No PIN displayed in BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
KB10938 "USB charging current is insufficient" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone
KB01451 How to turn on advanced synchronization logging if a wired synchronization fails

Also, check that you are using only root USB ports...no hubs (sometimes the front-side ports are hubs...use a rear USB port). And make sure to try disabling USB power management in your system configuration (Device Manager).

Hopefully something there is helpful!

Cheers!

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: t mobile

If you've never installed bb desktop manager on a computer AND never updated your software on your curve You need to install the version of desktop manager that came with your bb curve (phone) and then try these directions again with the battery in.

Hall of Famer III

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

janickols wrote:

If you've never installed bb desktop manager on a computer AND never updated your software on your curve You need to install the version of desktop manager that came with your bb curve (phone) and then try these directions again with the battery in.

That's actually not quite right. The user needs to install (to their PC) l the latest desktop software plus, perhaps, the OS package from their carrier that matches the OS installed on their BB.

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Ufone

It happened while installing the BB App World from the BB website. :/

Thats possible? :/

My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: globe

i am asked to enter a PIN..but i am unable to type it on the textbox..what shall i do?