Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: maxis

Reload device software with different Software Platform

Hi all,

I just want to double confirm this, for example. I have a blackberry bold 9000.

My current version of platform is as below. Running os4.6

Software Platform: 4.0.0.248 

But when i want to upgrade to os5, when i browse through device software downloads i cant seem to find Software Platform: 4.0.0.248. 

So i downloaded something with software platform as below :

Software Platform: 5.2.0.64

But when i run Loader.exe, and click next, when the screen ask me to choose the software i want. It is all empty.

Just want a quick answer from everyone, if it is caused by the software platform version ?

Many thanks !

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Reload device software with different Software Platform

[ Edited ]

wintermelon5639 wrote:

So i downloaded something with software platform as below :

Software Platform: 5.2.0.64

Sorry..,you did not say and I will not assume...using the device OS packages is a two-step process. First downloading it to your PC from the official download poral:

and then installing it to your PC. A third step may also exist...if the OS package is from a carrier that is not your BB's original carrier, then you also need to, as the 3rd step, delete VENDOR.XML from your PC prior to running LOADER.EXE.

Further, sometimes LOADER can become confused by too many OS packages installed to the PC. If there are more than one, then it is sometimes helpful to uninstall them all and then re-install the desired package (to the PC).

Also, the "Software Platform" entry is not the one to be looking at when it comes to the actual version number of the OS you are installing...rather, the "Applications" entry is the correct data.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................