Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Reloading BlackBerry Email Setup Application

wynand9 wrote:

Hi I have exactly the same problem. My email setup application is deleted and i tried to also update my device but when i try to update it just says there is no update availibile without giving me the options of other versions. How do i rectify this?

Thank you

Welcome to the forums!

So where are you in the process?  You said you've tried to update your OS?  What version is currently on your device and what OS are you trying to update to?  Please provide some more details so we can get you back on track.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Forums Veteran I

[ Edited ]

@wynand9:  Go ahead and download the latest Torch OS from here.  Then follow these instructions to update your OS:

Once the OS is downloaded and installed on your PC, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader. Delete the file at the bottom called vendor.xml.

Connect your device.

In that same folder as above, there's an executable file called Loader (has a little phone next to it). Double click on that and it will start loading your new OS.

Please post back and let us know how it goes!  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Thank you for the quick response. The OS on my device at this moment is v6.0.0.246. Platform 6.4.0.105 I dont have any versions to update to currently as my device is still relatively new. I have no idea how to otherwise reinstall my e-mail application. is there any other way to update the device

Forums Veteran I

wynand9 wrote:

Hi Thank you for the quick response. The OS on my device at this moment is v6.0.0.246. Platform 6.4.0.105 I dont have any versions to update to currently as my device is still relatively new. I have no idea how to otherwise reinstall my e-mail application. is there any other way to update the device

You must have been posting this as I was writing.....please see the above post.  Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Thank you

yes that is exactly what happened. I am busy downloading the update now.

Will let you know.

Thanx

Forums Veteran I

Good luck!  Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Thank you

This solved my problem

Thank you for the advice and the quick assistance. Blackberry is by far the best phone i have ever had.

Forums Veteran I

Excellent!  Glad we could be of assistance.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9870 / user
My Carrier: DiGi

Hi all, So glad i'd bumped into this forum today Smiley Very Happy. I'm also having the same problem like the others but i'm using bold9900 OS 7.0.0.261. I did an update on DM but state all is upto date & there are no other options below to click. i tried to serach the OS7 in BB these pass few days but could not locate any. i only could find OS6. Anybody can help me with the OS7 url? & guide me how to do this installation (if it's not the same process as the earlier OS6 i mean Smiley Happy). Thanks in advance. karin
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Tigo tanzania and Vodacom tanzania

Hello,
I was using MTN south africa as carrier till 27/09/2011 and email application was functioning well. Now I'm in Tanzania using Tigo Tanzania when I wanted 2 setup my email accounts I received a message" accounts have been suspended or deactivated, contact MTN s.a" its a hell 3000KM away frm me.I sent them email and only a softbot reply that my issue will b settled within 24hrs. But nw whn I go back 2 setup I only find dis message"Your device encountered a problem with this application's server". Please help me out