Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Carphone Warehouse (PAYG)

Reloading software & downloading BBM 7.0

Yesterday night, the last thing I downloaded from App World was Whatsapp Messenger. As soon as it downloaded, I clicked 'Run' but kept saying "Error". So I left it. Everything was normal until an hour ago. I took out my battery & placed another battery inside. I look at my BlackBerry, it says "Reload Software: 552". I tried taking out my battery & placing it back in after 5 minutes but to no avail. I have no idea what to do, I'm especially worried about losing my data, my phone memory & my contacts. And what makes the situation worse is that the charging pin on my phone is permanantly damaged, so I cannot connect my phone to my laptop via. USB. Another thing is that my phone won't let me upgrade the new BBM 7.0, I've tried clicking the link from the website but it's saying to download BBM 4.0 etc. , which is obviously what I don't want because I already have it. What can I do?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Reloading software & downloading BBM 7.0

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer:

• KB18751 Error "Reload Software: 552" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone

Given all that you describe, I fear the worst for you. I suspect your data is already gone from your BB. If you have been conducting no backup routines at all (instructions available via the link in my auto-sig on this post), then you have no source of restore. Further, since the USB port on your BB is broken, you can conduct none of the actions necessary to get your BB functioning again.

So, as I say, I fear that you are totally stuck now, for there are no purely on-device actions to take in your situation. You may want to find a local (to you) shop with a qualified BB hardware technician to give you a proper diagnosis and estimate.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Reloading software & downloading BBM 7.0

Just for grins, have you tried Safe Mode?

Remove the battery. Hold down the back key (right of the trackpad) and insert the battery. Continue to hold down the back key for another 20 seconds. Does the device boot into safe mode?

If not, and you didn't have BB Protect installed, then I'm afraid, as Sdgardne stated, your data is gone. Since your USB port is damaged it is unlikely you will be able to connect it and reload the OS.

Time for a new BlackBerry. Get the Z10! It's great!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!