Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tesco

Remind me NEVER to update my BB again!

A friend gave me his old BB and I have LOVED getting to know how to use it. Today I got a message on the desktop software saying that there was a software upgrade available. Foolishly, I installed it! Everything's changed and there's been nothing but a series of error messages ever since.

After saying I needed to update App World, it then told me it needed a newer version of BB ID. I tried to install that but  it's now saying "BB Identity installation failed. Please try again later (80002)." Grr!!  Happy Christmas!  

I'm just hoping that I can re-set the BB to what was previously backed up but thought I'd check here first.

Thanks in advance.

Loretta

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Remind me NEVER to update my BB again!

Hi aurion

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry to hear that you having problem with your BlackBerry® Curve 8520. What is your present device OS version,To know that  for OS 4 – 5  =  Options > About > first set of numbers on the third line.

As far as this error message is concerned regarding BlackBerry ID installation ,first perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while device is POWERED ON then reinsert it after a min. after reboot Open App World and if it prompt for BlackBerry ID update then try it again.

Or  Do you have any  wi - fi nearby ? If you can locate a wi -fi then please try updating BlackBerry ID over wi - fi ,first connect to a wi-fi then on your device open BlackBerry ID see if it prompt for Upgrade or  press the menu key > then Check for Update. 

Additional Information: 

KB29613 : The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.