Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Reminders...

I have an 8310 and I am wondering if there are any reminders that can be set for missed calls and/or texts, or voicemails?  I know this unit is more PDA related than that of a phone but it would sure be nice to be reminded if you missed a call, text, or voice mail.  Thanx for the time...
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Reminders...

All messages that come in will give a star in your mailbox icon.

Missed calls will generate a sticky message that you have to answer when you go to use your BB again.

You will also get a * by messages, and a  missed call indicator in your messages queue (gold phone with +) with the time the call came in. If you have your message queue setup to receive both text's and emails, a missed text will generate the same as an email. Make sure you go into message queue menu key message options - general options and select display new  indicator to yes.

Hope this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

my bad.  i was referring to audible reminders or vibrating reminders like on razr's or other phones.  I found a site for blackbverry alerts 1.3 but not sure how and where to download them.  from the bb itslef?  from a laptop and then where"  etc...  thanx 4 the prompt reply    tom
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

tj5iveo wrote:
my bad.  i was referring to audible reminders or vibrating reminders like on razr's or other phones.

hello,

Please read the following post. Seems like you can buy an application that does just that. I also miss that from my Motorola Rizr Z3.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=5865

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: