Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Remote Desktop Tool for BB Bold

Hello all,

I need remote desktop tool (like mstsc command in windows) for my blackberry bold. Please can you help me? I need your recommendations

Developer
My Device: 8900

Re: Remote Desktop Tool for BB Bold

Have a look at Rove IT. they used to be called rove mobile and had a product called mobile admin which was good for administering AD and allowed you to do it without RDP.

Rove used to be called idokkoro and did a true RDP client which was ok. Not sure if it is part of the mobile admin product now or not.

http://www.rdmplus.com/ is another one.

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Remote Desktop Tool for BB Bold

I think the Bold screen and processing power is just not fit for RDP, Somethings should just be left for computers. An HP netbook is perfect for something like RDP, you dont have to scroll all over the place and you can get a true VPN connection. I've personally scene people attempt to admin servers and rdp into computers that if connection is lost during the process a lot more harm than good will come from it. no one wants to receive a phone call in the middle up saving or changing a file.

just my opinion, the BB is a nice small powerful business tool but we all have to recongize that it has its limits and a desktop/laptop is needed at some points.