Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Remove an email address from mapping to a Blackberry Handset

Hi - hope someone can help

We had a member of the work force leave our company who used his personal blackberry to receive work emails on his handset. Even though he has left to join a competitor he is still receiving our sales emails.

We know the email address (it is our general sales email address) - but we don't know his BB PIN

Is there a way we can ask RIM to list the devices that are accessing the email account on a BB device and then ask then to remove one of the devices ?

Regards,

Pritesh

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Remove an email address from mapping to a Blackberry Handset

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If that email account was integrated to his BB via your company BES, then your BES admins merely need to remove it from the BES console.

If that email account was integrated via BIS, then the safest thing to do would be the same thing that everyone should do whenever turnover happens -- change all passwords on systems to which the former employee had access. Yes, that means that all users accessing this email account need to reconfigure their interfaces to it, but given this symptom, are there perhaps others who also have unauthorized access to it? It is likely (IMHO) time for an audit and re-authorization of only those users who should have access.

I do not think that RIM can even find out the information you seek...well, not simply at least...it likely would take someone to do quite a bit of digging around to find it. Even if they would agree to it, I would wager you would have to pay quite a hefty fee for them to do so. Given that this is not anything within "normal" support, I think your only option to even ask about it is via fee-based incident support, which costs a fee BTW to just even ask the question. But if you do wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: O2

Dear sdgardne - thanks for your reply and generous advice.

We have done exactly as you suggested and the matter is resolved

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Excellent...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................