Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Removing 3rd party ICONS

[ Edited ]

Okay, I've read KB10040 and that was helpful indeed to remove a 3rd party app, BUT I have these icons that 1) I don't want on my 9650, and 2) I never installed.

The latter is probably why they do not appear on any list using KB10040 guidelines. I am sure Blackberry corporate has a deal with certain companies to put their icons pointing at the 3rd party's web site for those users who want to install the software. I don't. So.....how does one get rid of them. I've got thirteen of them. 

The machine is 9650 running 5.0.0 under Verizon's yoke.

Any ideas? 

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Removing 3rd party ICONS

[ Edited ]

You really can't permanently delete those "pushed" application installation shortcuts, not very easy. They are put on your device, pushed by your service provider, not RIM.

Do this: create a folder on your homescreen and name it "Junk" (you might choose to be even more creative the folder name Smiley Happy ). Now, Scroll to each unwanted icon and press the Menu key > Move to Folder and move it to the "Junk" folder. Do that for each you don't want.

Now scroll to that "Junk" folder and select Menu > Hide.

Out of site, out of mind. Meanwhile, feel free to complain to Verizon or on their own user forums.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 8330

[ Edited ]

J,

Thanks. I was thinking maybe that, and am settled to know that's the best we can do. Appreciate your advice.

I regard Verizon, somewhat that way I regard Congress, so I'll skip pointing out in their forum what they should have done, and probably know they should have done. The voice of enlightened wisdom has been looong ago filibustered out of their consciousness, replaced with a persistent servitude to bottom line mania and boardroom "reason".  

Still, I appreciate your insight and practical solution, which I have now adopted. Out of sight, out of mind, works pretty well....wish we could apply it to Congress.....let's see, we'll just make this folder called Irrelevant and put the whole building in it. Ahhhhh. feels better already.

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

You are very welcome. I can appreciate the analogy.

Good luck.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code