Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Removing "Download App World from home page in browser

I have my home page on my browser set up as google.com. Every once in awhile it defaults to Blackberry App World download page. I try to go in and change it in "options" back to google.com, but it won't let me. Eventually(and I have no idea why) it will all of a sudden go back to google.com when I push "home". It is more annoying than anything. I have even pressed the "download" before and that seems to solve the problem, but then a couple days later, it will do it again and ask me to download it again. I have gone into options-advanced options-applications to try to remove Blackberry App World thinking that might help, but it isn't there. I just want my home page to STAY on google.com and quit changing randomly to the "Blackberry App World download page" Any ideas?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Removing "Download App World from home page in browser

can you detail the "BlackBerry App World download" page ? Are you sure it's not the mobile.blackberry.com/ website (that has a big link to the AppWorld) ?
if that's the case, then it's just a matter of configuring your brower.

it is possible that you have a BlackBerry browser with the google.com homapage, and another BlackBerry browser with your homepage.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: