Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Removing the Voice Dialing Application?

Can someone please tell me how to remove the Voice Dialing Application?  I can really do without it, I just can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Thank you,

Gerald North

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Removing the Voice Dialing Application?

It is not that hard, but seems complicated. The instructions in this link below give details on how to remove ANY unwanted pre-loaded apps from your BlackBerry. You need to read thoroughly and see the VAD instructions in Point #5

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-opt...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
My Device: VZW Storm 9530 OS. 4.7.0.148

I don't think it is necessary to remove this feature but if you are wanting to remove it from accidentally hitting the side key. All you need to do is go to options, Screen/Keyboard, scroll down to Left or Right side convenience key (can't remember what side it was on) and click that then scroll up to where it say "Nothing" and click it.  Hit hard BB button and click save ...

Using "Nothing" is an option, you can set it to access anything you see in the list..

Hope this helps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to resolve your thread.
Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer!
Please click Kudo's for those who provided help. Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Removing the VAD frees up a lot of memory on the BlackBerry. But either way, at least removing it from the convenience is a very very good idea.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you everyone for your assistance.  Highrange101, as for it being necessary to remove this feature, I would say yes.  I don't really like this feature, I prefer to just click the phone button or contacts and go from there.  Also the application would lock up the phone every other day.

But if you aren't using the application (say it's not on the convenience key as Highrange suggested) it should never be activated.

Anyway, You can remove it with those instructions in the link.

Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor
My Device: VZW Storm 9530 OS. 4.7.0.148

JSanders wrote:

It is not that hard, but seems complicated. The instructions in this link below give details on how to remove ANY unwanted pre-loaded apps from your BlackBerry. You need to read thoroughly and see the VAD instructions in Point #5

At first read over on this article, I just did not understand, but after further research on my OS loaded on to my computer I was able to see what he was talking about,,,, Very nice, I can free up quit abit of memory on just getting rid of the preloaded pictures...  I would not recommend trying any of this unless you know what your doing....But none the less, very good info...

Thanks

Please remember to resolve your thread.
Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer!
Please click Kudo's for those who provided help. Thanks

Correct, basically you are just removing COD files (modules) to remove from the device.

The device.xml and vendor.xml files normally tell the OS loader what to load and what not to load (for instance, the COD files for the Tmobile 5fav calling is in there, but unless you have a Tmo device, those won't load).

So .,.. as with all, backup first before proceeding.  Smiley Happy

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: 9320 curve
My Carrier: blackberry

Do you need to plug your phone in by a computer to delete the voive dailing app or can you do it on your phone. If so please let me know how can I remove it

levern wrote:
Do you need to plug your phone in by a computer to delete the voive dailing app or can you do it on your phone. If so please let me know how can I remove it

You haven't read this thread and links therein, have you?

To remove it, it must connected to the PC.

Knowledge Base Updates