Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel India

Repeated Memory card issues on BB Torch

hey guys,was wondering if a could some help to put this matter to rest once and for all. ive been facing this problem since the day i bought myself the phone and ive already given it back to my fealer for troubleshootinh but it still seems to haunt me. im in india currently but id purchased the phone around 6 mths ago from dubai. my memory card seems to stand me up  at will. on some random days itd say a new cards been inserted and id have to format my card and install it. i used to face this problems after id installed an app and the phone wouldve rebooted. when id given the phone to my dealer to fix this glitch,he said it was a software error and just reformatted my phone and gave it to me. although i had no problems immdediately after,of late,im facing problems of the same nature again. also,my battery drained out the other night and when id put the phone on charge the nxt mornin,my phone tells me a new memory card has been inserted and i had to format the memory all over again. the same problem occured today,the only difference being while i tried to format it and install it,i can view any of the folders or files on my memory card nor can i save on it. i got a message once saying something of the sort like" access of files on the memory card has been denied due to fatal errors". im kinda freaked out. for me to ship out the phone back to my dealer and getting it fixed is nt possible. 

i need some serious help on this. id appreciate it if it were quick as i cant take any pics and save em for the time being.

thanks

Binshaad Aboobecker
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Repeated Memory card issues on BB Torch

do you have a different memory card to rule 0ut the device?

if it continues with a diff card then it is the Torch that could be faulty

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

I was actually thinking of buying another memory card and trying it. Its much more cheaper and time saving than sending it back. I was just waiting for a second opinion. I'm gna do dat ASAP. Do you recommend any specific model or maker?Im currently using SANDISK Micro SD card 4GB which I got alongwith with the phone.
Binshaad Aboobecker
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Axiom

Hi RIM Support Team,

Kindly note that I face the media card error message repeatedly.

I have tried all kind of solutions i.e, Formatting the card, Wiping the device OS, Downgrade, Upgrade, and even changing the media card with a new one.

But the issue remains there.

Please your assistance is highly appreciated as I have lost many pictures and important videos.

Regards.

Qassam Diab

Contributor

Qassam,is it fair for me to believe that u have a BB torch that you have purchased from the middle east? could u specify from where exactly (location and dealer) uve purchased the handset? I purchased my unlocked handset from an authorised dealer in dubai.
Binshaad Aboobecker
Contributor

@knottyrope: I've ready purchased a new memory card and have been using it for months. But the problem continues.
Binshaad Aboobecker
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Axiom

Dear Mr. AbooBacher,

Sorry I was on annual leave and I had limited access on my email that's why i'm late in replying.

I purchased the device from Axiom which is well known in UAE and authorised, I guess, by RIM.

Regards.