08-28-2014 04:09 PM
My text messages repeat 20 or 30 times. Whether I receive or send the text it will repeat multiple times and the conversation does NOT go to the recent date it was sent. For example I will get a text today...but have to scroll down to a week ago to see the new text...which has also repeated 30 times....whether I receive or send.
I have spent hours on the phone with Rogers trying to figure out the problem and they concluded it must be a hardware issue.
I also cannot delete the conversation, I press delete but absolutely nothing happens.
I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700
08-29-2014 12:49 PM
if its a hardware issue you will need a new phone
or you can try to reload the OS
Manual device OS upgrade instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6
6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.
7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.
8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339
Enjoy the new OS.
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V