Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Replacing Antenna

For the past few months Ive been getting terrbile reception and usually my phone goes into SOS mode. Ive dropped it a few times and Im fairly certain this is the cause. Im wondering where the antenna is located and what exactly I need to replace it. There are a few different items Ive seen on ebay that are replacement parts but there are a few different ones that say they are antennas. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Replacing Antenna

Before you do that, get a free SIM card swap from Telus. There are so many different iterations of SIM cards, and technology updates quick enough that this is important.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

hey thanks for your reply. Ive tried the SIM card swap and I'm still experiencing the same issues. Ive been pretty rough on the phone and just replaced the slide flex cable because it broke so I have a pretty good feeling the antenna must be damaged as well.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: TORCH 9810
My Carrier: Videotron

I have the same problem since few phone drop on the floor. I have talked with a phone technician today and told me there was 3 different antennas into the phone. It probably explain why you do find more than one kind on the market. I have the Torch 9810 and one is locatedon the black top piece behind the phone where are the camera lense and light.

My phone is only 4 months old but bought second hand so my service provider void the original warranty but say BB warranty still in effect. They don't know if BB has approved phone repair store approved to repair their phone under warranty or collect the customer if problem was caused by a abusive usage.

If you fing the right antenna that solve your issue, please send me it

Alain Montreal Quebec Canada