Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Reply to all in texts

This may seem unrelated but do you have the BlackBerry data plan on your account, and can you send or receive MMS messages.
I am in a multi-SMS chat right now with ten friends and it is in MMS mode. I, too, don't have the "reply to all" function, but when I do reply, it goes to all.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Sprint

Great question- and yes, I am ona plan and can send and/or receive mms or SMS fine. I appreciate the help trying to solve this problem! And a correction: it looks like I have model 9930 versus 9900 as I previously noted!
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, if you're on Sprint, it's a 9930.

Look at this for me... open one of your multi-SMS chats.

Look quickly toward the bottom of the chat window just above your reply line... do you see "switching to MMS mode" flash up? If you don't see it the first time, close the chat and open again and look.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Great question: I checked a couple of multiple chat threads and neither show that prompt you are referring to. I also checked in options and my mms option is checked as "always" if that matters at all.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

I have the same issue and from searching around, it looks like people with 9930 and Sprint have this issue.  If anyone other than having Sprint provider with a 9930 has this issue, please post.

I would have posted earlier under your topic but at the time I didn't think about searching "reply all".  

My post: http://goo.gl/Z5Huk

Highlighted
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I am having the same problem. I have a 9900 Bold with T-mobile. I receive a sms as part of a group, but when I wish to reply to all, I can only reply to one person. There is no reply to all option.

This is very frustrating because it is available for earlier and lower models of Blackberry.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930, Playbook

I have posted everywhere about this, and it is very very annoying that I cannot do this!  So I am clocking in here in hopes for any solution.  If I have to unlock my phone and install a custom OS I will do it.

My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Tmobile

Have you heard anything as I have the exact same problem. I can't reply to all in my text messages any more where I could with my old blackberry. I have a 9360