Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Reply to email

The Send option is not available when I reply to an email,, any help???  I can save as Draft, but there is no option to send.....
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Reply to email

Hi and Welcome!

There is another thread, very near to this one in the list, also about the inability to send...try

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&thread.id=22367

See if there is anything helpful in that.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

thanks, but i had checked that out already, didn't help... same menu, no send available. 
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

OK...in that case, you will need to provide more information. For instance:

1. What carrier are you with?
  2. What OS level are you on?
  3. Is this for BIS or BES based email?
  4. Do you have more than one email account configured?
  5. Do you have any non-Storm compatable add-on apps installed?
  6. Do you have the same drop-down on the top of new messages -- to select which account?
  7. What happens if you change that?
  8. Have you tried the battery-pop reboot?

Just a few things to consider...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

1. Verizon

2. The latest from BB

3. Yahoo and BB email

4. Two, Yahoo and BB email, one user

5. Nope

6. No, all emails go into messages folder, I made the Yahoo the main email

7. Nothing, I did try that, I can do it again

8. No, the last time I did that I lost all of my pictues, so I'm a bit leary of doing that...

Thanks for your help!

Hall of Famer III

Hi! Sorry for the delay...I had to be AFK for most of the last 48 hours...

1. OK

2. Do you mean the latest production release from VZW or the latest leak? The latest production remains .75. You can check by selecting, from the home screen, the Options icon and then selecting About. The 3rd line of text will say "v4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94)" if you are on .75. Anything else in that position and you are on a different OS level.

3. OK...that means BIS

4. OK

5. OK

6. Sorry...I didn't explain correctly. What I mean is, when you create a new piece of email, do you have the blue box drop down to select which account (Yahoo or BB) you want to send from? If so, are there just those entries? Or are there other entries to select from?

7. See item 6. When creating a new email, try selecting (with that drop down) the account you want to send from and see if the ability to send returns.

8. Lost things doing a batt-pull? That is very odd...

New Contributor

That's ok you were busy..

OS is 4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94)

When I type a new email the selections are my verizon email, BB email, and default.

I sent an email to my self, and tried to reply from the BB and there is no Send option, just a lot of other options, one of which is draft.  I had thought I had set one email as default, but I guess not,, where would I do that,,

Thanks again for all of your help.

Hall of Famer III

Hi. I thought you said you had Yahoo mail configured?

To set the defaults, from the home screen select the Options icon, then Advanced Options, then Default Services. It is there that you associate the defaults for those three items with accounts you have configured on your device.

Did you buy the unit at a VZW store? Often, they will help with configuring POP email accounts...which can be a lot quicker than us trying to figure out what your screen is showing. Not pushing you away -- just giving you alternatives.

New Contributor

Yes, that is what I had done.  I just went there again, and Prodigy is the default.  Went back to an email I sent to my self and tried to reply,, no change in the drop down.

Hall of Famer III

Prodigy? My friend -- the information keeps changing. Makes it terribly hard to diagnose. I guess I really must recommend that you take it to your carrier for direct in-hand support and service.