Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8900 Curve
My Carrier: O2 (UK)

Reset on the Slightest knock

Good afternoon everyone, Since having my 8900, I have noticed that the slightest knock will cause a hard reset. I'm not talking "dropping on the floor" type of knock, but more "letting the magnetic clasp on the holster drop closed" or "passing the handset back and forth between hands" level -ie very slight indeed. The reset occurs immediately, and goes through the entire power back on sequence, software & security check etc, which takes some time, and is a royal PITA. Is this something which is common to this model? Not sure whether it's a design issue or whether I have a faulty unit - I don't want to go through the hassle of a warranty replacement if it's a common issue. I like the handset, so don't want to change that (until upgrade time anyway....!) Thanks in advance, Mike
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve Javeline 8900

Re: Reset on the Slightest knock

I've had my 8900 from Aug and never experienced that

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8900 Curve
My Carrier: O2 (UK)

Re: Reset on the Slightest knock

Thanks for the reply.

I've elected to resolve this with a hi-tech solution - sticking a bit of cardboard to brace the battery a bit tighter against the contacts.... no resets for over 12 hours, which is something of an achievement!