Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Restore 9700 to factory.

Here's the situation,

i have a hand me down 9700 from an sibling who have since left the company that first provided him with the 9700.

He is now with another company that has provided him a new torch and now i have the 9700.

Upon unlocking, i realized that there were pre-set security policies (like disabled bbm, disabled bluetooth etc)

I have tried the wipe from the set itself but these securities seems to remain.

Upon reading up, i realized it could be due to previous IT policies or BES (which, i am not sure) setup by his previous employment.

Can anything be done to restore 9700 to a TOTAL defaul factory setting which means no IT policies/BES or any form of logging that might have been there in the first place.

New Contributor

Re: Restore 9700 to factory.

Thank you for the very prompt help!

Does this efficiently means i will have to get him to contact the IT dept at his previous employment to remove the said 9700 from it's BES server?

That would be difficult(not impossible) as it wasnt too amiable when he left employment.

Is there no way to restore it totally on the user end?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

<information redacted by sdgardne>

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

okay that was straight forward.

I will attempt to run the procedure and see if the BES attempts to reach out for the phone.

Just one more thing, if a blackberry has IT policy tied to it, its most definitely was on a BES server before yes? is that a safe assumption to make? (this is just out of mere curiosity)

Thank you all for the help so far Smiley Happy

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

<information redacted by sdgardne>

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi there,

Try completely wiping the device.  Download a program called BBSAK from http://bbsak.org and install it to your computer.

Plug your device in and open BBSAK.  Go to the Miscellaneous (Misc) tab and click on the Factory Reset button.  This will delete any IT policies that were installed on the device, along with all other information on the device.

This should work, but if not, then it isn't just an issue related to IT policies and instead you might want to be sure that your sibling had the right to take the device from work and that it hasn't been reported to the carrier as a stolen device by the company.  If that has happened, unfortunately there is nothing that can be done.

I hope that helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!