Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Restore DRAFT email

Hello.... I had a draft email on my Bold 9900 and unfortunately it was now more than 30 days old and thus I can't find it anymore.

Is there any chance that I can restore/find this draft?

Thanks,

Jonas

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Restore DRAFT email

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you must have had "keep messages" set to something less than "forever" or that your BB had a memory issue and needed to start deleting things to protect itself. But, if that message is truly gone from your BB, then recovering it is a matter of having a source from which to recover it...and the BB itself cannot be that source.

If you used BB Protect, you could perhaps attempt a restore from there...be very careful, however, as you may well wipe out ALL of your messages on your BB in favor of the full restore.

If you used the Desktop Software, you could perhaps attempt a restore...again with the same warning as above. You also could perhaps obtain one of the many free PC add-on apps that can read and parse the backup files...you might at least be able to recover the ability to read the text you had, but perhaps may still need to re-type it.

Otherwise, it goes back to an old saying -- there are 2 kinds of computing device users in the world...those who have lost data, and those who will. Backups, like insurance, are neither a reactive nor an optional activity.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Hi.... thanks a lot for your response!

Yes, it's less than "forever" ;-)

And I think the only thing that makes sense is, trying to restore it via a PC app.

Thanks for that hint,

Jonas

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

You are welcome...and good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: TIM Italy

Hi, I have a similar problem but I just deleted a Draft Mail by mistake; which software I should use to recover it if there is a possibility? Thank you very much.
Hall of Famer III

john1111 wrote:
Hi, I have a similar problem but I just deleted a Draft Mail by mistake; which software I should use to recover it if there is a possibility? Thank you very much.

Hello,

Based on your question, it sounds like you have the same problem as the OP of this thread...in which case, the same remedies already posted above would apply to you. Please scroll up and read them.

If your issue is not the same, then please clarify exactly how it is different.

Thanks and let us know!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: TIM Italy

The main difference is that our friend Snyda lost draft mails because his/her BB lost them but in my case I delete it by mistake!
Therefore do you think there's any chance to retrieve it as I am connected to a Company server that might help? Thanks again.
Hall of Famer III

From that explanation, I see no difference to the earlier posts in this thread...meaning that the same recommendations still apply to you. The OP of this thread deleted Draft messages, and wanted to try and recover them...same exactly as you.

Once something is deleted on a BB, it is gone from the device forever. Recovery depends on a SEPARATE source of data to restore from. Hence, some kind of backup or alternate data storage medium must exist as the source of the deleted item...meaning that backup must have been taken at a time when the item existed on the device.

However, you do now add "a Company server"...depending on exactly how you are attached to that server, you might get some benefit. But, only the admins of that server can answer that question for you.

Good luck!