Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

r0
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin Media

Restoring

[ Edited ]

Basically, I have backed up my contacts on blackberry protect and now my blackberry is showing up with a white screen. So I was wandering if there was a solution on getting those contacts to my computer and onto my new android phone. 

Please anyone who knows how to fix it please put forward a suggestion on how I fix it 

Thanks r0

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Restoring

Hey r0,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thank you for your question

To further investigate your issue we will need to determine the state of your BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone. Can you please confirm if there is an error message displayed on the BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone.

If you remove the battery from the BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone and replace it do you see more then a white screen? Can we please confirm if an error message is displayed?

*Note please backup your BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone before performing a clean reload of the device software.

Steps to backup your BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software:

1. Select Device

2. Select Backup

3. Mark the appropriate customization level ( Full, Quick, Custom)

4. Select Back up.

If there is an error displayed please follow the below KB article to reload your BlackBerry Device Software:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320 (Windows User)

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB19915 (Mac Users)

I look forward to your reply.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!