Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Retrieval of e-mail

The Blackberry 7520 I own erases my e-mail. Could you tell me how I can get it to retrieve the e-mail it erased and to stop erasing e-mail?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Retrieval of e-mail

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

There are a lot of possibilities here...let's start with some clarifications...

1) Are the emails deleted from your BB, your actual email system, or both?

2) What is the email system to which this applies? (e.g., Yahoo, GMail, etc.)

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Re: Re: Retrieval of e-mail

The e-mail address came from the ISP which is Sprint/NEXTEL. I don't know if the Blackberry 7520 erased the e-mail or the ISP that owns the box. How do I find out which did it?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Re: Retrieval of e-mail

No no...I want to know where it is that you are seeing that the emails are erased. Are you seeing them erased on your BB? Do you have a second method by which you access these emails (e.g., PC/Outlook, web interface to your email service, etc.)? If so, are you seeing them erased there as well?

If you only access this email from your BB, then that actually answers both questions...and we can then look at the right place to diagnose this.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Retrieval of e-mail

I have a ordinary e-mail icon which is a letter on the DOS which shows on the Blackberry screen. The DOS version is: Blackberry OS v 4.1.0.380. I never got into any elaborate systems, just what came with it.
Hall of Famer III

Re: Re: Re: Retrieval of e-mail

[ Edited ]

OK let me make the question as simple as I can...

Do you only access this email via your BB? Or, do you also access this email from a PC?

Message Edited by sdgardne on 06-20-2009 12:13 PM

New Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Retrieval of e-mail

I only have a Blackberry 7520.
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

cars52 wrote:
I only have a Blackberry 7520.

Cars52, please try answering the DIRECT questions sdgarne is asking you. He is asking your those questions for a specific reason.

Without your answers and your cooperation IN DETAIL, there will not be much anyone can help you with here.

But, we'd like to.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Hall of Famer III

OK...so here's how we will proceed:

Configuration items:

- You only access this troublesome email from your BB -- you do not access it from Outlook, some WebMail interface, etc.

Issue:

- You see, on your BB, that emails are vanishing from this account without your intervention.

Cause/Resolution Possibilities:

1) Your device may be low on memory...see this article to determine if that is true:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15345&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

And, if it is true, see these articles for information to aid the situation:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-opt...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/116396-managing-your-bb-memory-lost-ca...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14320&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB14213&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forwa...

2) Your device may be configured to delete items automatically. Check this setting...with any message list displayed:

BBKey > Options > General Options

The last entry on the bottom of this screen..."Keep Messages"...set as desired

3) Your email provider may auto-expire and delete old emails. Contact them for assistance.

Hopefully something there will be helpful.

Good luck!