Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Singtel

Retrieve of entire bbm conversation

hi,i know there a feature that i can turn on to save conversation for my bbm.However, before i know this feature(which somehow i didnt enable it), there is this urgent conversation i need to retrieve the entire conversation, as it get cut off when the chat is too long, I havent end the conversation with the person yet, but i need to retrieve the whole entire conversation. Can anyone advise if is possible?

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Retrieve of entire bbm conversation

Hello and welcome to the forums.

While I never tried it before, can you go into the chat and hit the menu button. In the menu click on Send Chat To. From there can you email it to yourself to see if it has the whole conversation?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

hi, ya i have done that but it only email the part that i can see from my phone not the cut off or the entire conversation =(

Trusted Contributor
My Device: various
My Carrier: AT&T

You can also hit the menu key and copy chat, then paste into an e-mail.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the Star on the left of their post.
New Contributor

i tried that also, it only copy part of the chat that is displayed on my phone, i cant copy the whole entire conversation from the start.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: various
My Carrier: AT&T

have you tried doing a battery pull on the device? And this is not an SMS conversation that is linked to BBM right, it is a PIN to PIN BBM Comversation?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the Star on the left of their post.
New Contributor

Yesis a pin to pin. How do i battery pull??

Elite I

[ Edited ]

Hmmm strange. I just tried Copy Chat and I got the whole thing.

CORRECTION - only got the last 60-90 mins

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Elite I

Just remove the back cover and take out the battery for about 15-20 seconds.

New Contributor

does your chat already cuts when u copy? If you have long conversation, some conversation at the start will get cuts off and even copying it will not be able to copy the cut off part