Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Retrieve text messages from device

Hi,

Screen on my old Bold 9000 broke and I can not enter to the phone menu. I need to transfer text messages from the phone to my computer, so I can see them. Is there a way to do it? I was able to get to photos, contacts etc. but not the text messages. Thanks for any help.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Retrieve text messages from device

Hi Mejdzer,

Welcome to the Community

If BlackBerry desktop software detect your device then Please try to Connect your Device to your PC and run BlackBerry Desktop Software ,On BB desktop software run a Full Backup or select a Custom backup to transfer your text messages.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thanks, i did it. So maybe i just do not know, how to read it, and where to find it. I have some information there and I need to be able to view it on my PC. BB Desktop Software does not have option to get to messages. Is there any other software I should use? I was able to import contacts to Windows Live Messanger, but i could not find way to iport text messages.

Thanks again

Elite II

Hi Mejdzer

As I already told First perform a Custom Back which include your Messages using BlackBerry dessktop software ,then to view in your PC or Laptop you use any free Application which are available Like ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter which allows you to open and extract the content of the backup file.Then you can view your Messages.

I hope it helps.

Prince

New Contributor

Thanks again. I am almost there! Full backup run, ABC installed but now screaming, there is no ipd file, when I am loading .bbb file.

When syncing organizer, I can not do it with calendar, tasks and memos. It tells me it's not supported by my computer. Would It be cause?

Apologize for going step by step, just never had to do it before, and now with screen not working, I do not want to screw up something. does it require update to the latest bb software on the phone? if so, can i do it from the computer only?

thanks

Elite II

Hi Mejdzer

You can try any free software available if ABC Amber is not supported in your PC , The most important is the Backup as you made it .So use different software available and see which allows in your PC. Try another like  IPD parse   or MagicBerry  and see the result.

And no I don't think any update is needed for your device .

Prince

New Contributor

It worked with MagicBerry, as I had backup as bbb file> thanks for all your help.

Highlighted
Elite II

Hi Mejdzer

That's great ...You are most Welcome !

Prince